This summer marks five years since we opened our butterfly house and science center and began insect-focused science education outreach and programming in our community. We couldn’t have done it without your support and participation, so please join us as we celebrate this milestone on Sunday, August 20th, at the Western Heritage Interpretive Center in Bartley Ranch Regional Park, from 2pm to 5pm. There will be something for everybody, with homebrew beer tasting, live music by Strictly Business, a silent auction with great items donated by our supporters and Reno businesses, activity stations for kids to make art and build bee houses, five minute science talks, and, of course, the bugs!
We want to acknowledge all the businesses who have donated items to the silent auction for our 5th Anniversary Celebration and Fundraiser:
- Atlantis Casino (www.atlantiscasino.com)
- Black Rock Bicycles (www.blackrockbicycles.com)
- Casey D. Sibley Art & Design (www.caseydsibley.com)
- Carson Hot Springs Resort (www.carsonhotsprings.com)
- Davidson’s Organics (www.davidsonstea.com)
- Family First Chiropractic (www.renosparkschiro.com)
- Full Belly Deli (www.eatfullbellydeli.com)
- Grassroots Books (www.grassrootsbooks.com)
- Healthy Tails (www.healthytails.com)
- Kimmie Candy Company (www.kimmiecandy.com)
- Now Yoga (www.nowyogareno.com)
- Rebecca from Reno Fashion & Styling (www.rebeccaschembri.com)
- Reno Aces (www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t2310)
- Reno Bighorns (reno.gleague.nba.com)
- SCHEELS (http://www.scheels.com/shop/scheels-catalog/scheels-store-rs)
- Squeeze In (www.squeezein.com)
- Total Wine & More (www.totalwine.com)
- Wasting Arrows (www.wastingarrows.com/)
We really appreciate these businesses for supporting our work, and can’t wait for you to see the great items that will be in the silent auction!
As we pass this important milestone, we are also turning our thoughts to the next five years. We are currently in the process of planning an expansion for the butterfly house and science center, and we continue to grow our outreach and internship programs every year. This 5th Anniversary Celebration will help us raise funds for our programming in the coming years. Admission is free but there will be opportunities to donate, buy Nevada Bugs & Butterflies t-shirts, and bid on items in the silent auction.
You can also keep up to date about the event on our facebook page.
Hope to see you there!
Kevin, Cynthia and the NV Bugs Board of Directors