We are so excited for the 2017 season of our science center and butterfly house to begin! We are putting in the finishing touches for the various activities, and the garden is looking better than ever. As usual, we will be open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 10am-3pm (except Saturday, July 1), and will close on Sept 9.
We also just wanted to remind our visitors that there is a detour due to the 2016 winter flooding in Lemmon Valley. Lemmon Drive is closed at Military Rd., and the best route takes Military Rd. and then goes around the west side of the valley.
Google and Apple Maps do not have adequate detour instructions at this time, so please follow the directions below when heading to our site this summer. If you need help finding us during our open hours, feel free to call us at 775-200-8774. We can’t wait to see everyone out there this summer!
Directions from Reno:
- Take US-395 N to exit 74, then right on Lemmon Dr. for 0.9 mile.
- Turn left on Military Dr. for 2.5 miles.
- In quick succession, turn right on Echo Ave., left on Mt. Limbo St., and right on Bravo Ave./Albert Way. Total about 1 mile.
- Turn left on Ramsey Way for 0.7 miles.
- Turn right on Lemmon Dr. for 0.4 mile.
- Turn left on Oregon Blvd for 1 mile.
- Turn right on Fir Dr. for 0.9 miles. Park on Fir Dr. or by the big red workshop on Matterhorn Blvd. Please do not park on Matterhorn Blvd.